Sign in through Steam
Join our Steam Group! FaceBook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
    GTA Server Manager and Community Developer

SteamID

STEAM_0:0:33378588

GTA Update | Information

GTA Patch | October 15/2017 | Patch by Beef, RickyBGamez, Dr. Pepper, CVey

Hello everyone, as most of you will be aware, we had a GTA update on Sunday, October 15/2017. The update was planned on taking 15 minutes, but due to some unexpected issues, it took nearly 3 hours to push the proper update and resolve any bugs that we had. One thing that popped up was that people were missing vehicles that they had previously owned prior to the update. When looking into what the issue was, I realized I had uploaded the incorrect patch that updated some Vehicle IDs. So, as of right now, the server is back up and fully operational. I shut it down for another hour tonight, did a complete wipe of all vehicles and repaired them. Once you log onto the server now, you will have all previous vehicles you were missing prior to the update, but be aware any cars purchased during the time the server was going up and down, may not have saved and will not show up again. If you do have any issues, please contact the leadership team and they will attempt to resolve the matter.

I'd like to apologize for the development team, I was brought in last minute to help with the entire patch, and we weren't aware of some of the issues that popped up tonight causing us to have multiple crashes. Hopefully, as of now, the server should be stable and if you do find any bugs with this patch, please inform any staff member so we can have the bug fixed as soon as possible. For any information on what was updated, please go to the patch notes: https://voltagegaming.com/showthread...324-Gta-update

Hopefully, everyone enjoys the patch and hopefully understands that the development team was not expecting it to take nearly as long as it did.

Thank you to everyone that brought any bugs up to our attention, to help us squash out those as soon as possible.
    Last edited by RickyBGamez; 10-16-2017 at 01:37 AM.
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0

I'm just a person, living life, and being stupid.

My thoughts don't represent vG, they represent me. So take a

Noone cares anyway, so whatever.

Community Developer/Quality Guy

SteamID

STEAM_0:1:93120056
    I am missing my challenger
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

LIL FLASH PRODUCER

GTA Server Manager and Community Developer

SteamID

STEAM_0:0:33378588
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pepper View Post
    I am missing my challenger
    Please read:
    Once you log onto the server now, you will have all previous vehicles you were missing prior to the update, but be aware any cars purchased during the time the server was going up and down, may not have saved and will not show up again. If you do have any issues, please contact the leadership team and they will attempt to resolve the matter.
    Last edited by RickyBGamez; 10-16-2017 at 01:37 AM.
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

I'm just a person, living life, and being stupid.

My thoughts don't represent vG, they represent me. So take a

Noone cares anyway, so whatever.

Leader

SteamID

STEAM_0:0:58115447
    I have to give a huge thanks to Ricky, Dr.Pepper and Cvey for spending extra time on this to ensure things where fixed and I do apologise for this delay and any issue or errors that anyone had. Just like anyone else I thought this would take a maximum of 30 minutes if things where going bad. I was wrong. Next time will be better and truly under 15 minutes at the most.

To anyone that has an active issue please flag me down when I'm in game, ask an administrator to pull me, email me beef@voltagegaming.com, private message me on the forms, or join the Teamspeak ts.voltagegaming.com.

Once again I apologise but hey it's fixed and this is the first update since the launch. I hope everyone enjoys the update now and all future ones even more. (Next update is for infrastructure and framework so you won't see anything but in the end this will be better for everyone. Oh and maybe some snow and a tree for Christmas.)
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

GTA Senior Administrator
    SteamID

STEAM_0:0:120398697
    Huge ups to the Dev team! Thank you guys.
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

GTA Administrator

SteamID

STEAM_0:0:89634933
    This was a head aching update. Ricky, Beef, CVey, and even Dr Pepper worked really hard, dealing with the stress of the miscalculations. This update was the first update to GTA on the beta version, and really is a good boost to all departments. PR worked and learned to become more efficient with the youtube channel. The development team will prepare better next time for an update, and schedule the update for a better time. The leadership team and admins learned how to deal with players with bugs with the new updates. The players also experienced the first update on this server. I really think frequent updates, small or large, would not be a bad thing. Good job Everyone!
    1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Leader / Lead Developer

SteamID

STEAM_0:0:10878175
    Major props to the team as I was away for the weekend.
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

----------------------------------
    ➤Subscribe to us on YouTube! ➤ https://youtube.com/VoltageGamingYT
    ➤Follow us on Instagram! ➤ @VoltageGamingCo
    ➤Follow us on Twitter! ➤ @VoltageGamingCo
    ➤Join our Teamspeak! ➤ ts.voltagegaming.com

Thread Information